If you have been wondering how to take CBD oil, or what the best choice is for you – then you are not alone, as there are now many options to choose from…
Which one you'll use will depend on your taste, preference, circumstances and availability.
Your lifestyle and habits also play a part. For example, you may travel often or you may have a problem swallowing the oil, you just don't like the natural flavor of the oil, or need to use it therapeutically etc….
Cannabidiol (CBD) can be used as a:
- CBD oil
- CBD tincture
- CBD capsules
- CBD gummies
- As a CBD vape
- As a cream and in cosmetics
- In food etc…
The best way to take CBD oil will also depend on how quickly you want to experience the effects of CBD. For example in the case of strong pain, epileptic seizures, anxiety or a panic attack, you will want results fast.
To help you decide on which is the best way to take CBD oil for your own personal circumstances, we have summarized 5 of the most popular and best ways to take CBD below:
CBD Oil Drops
CBD oil products are made with a carrier oil and are usually ingested or used topically. Cannabidiol (CBD) oil usually contains a higher concentration of CBD than other CBD oil products. However, some people don't like the natural flavor of CBD oil and it can leave a bitter taste in your mouth.
As all other products taken orally, CBD oil must first travel through the digestive system, so the therapeutic effect may take longer to manifest.
CBD Oil Capsules
The biggest dilemma with using this form of CBD product is a growing number of low-quality or fake CBD Softgel capsules.
With the increasing number of CBD health products on the market and the poor quality control identified for several brands, many of the CBD Softgel capsules available are of low quality, which can counteract the medicinal benefits of cannabidiol.
That is why we go out of our way to source and review the best quality organic CBD products on the market.
– CBD capsules are simple to use and convenient for travel, as you don't have to deal with a syringe or dropper and you can keep a packet in your pocket.
– The dosage is clearly defined.
– The capsules are tasteless which is a big advantage over CBD oil or tincture.
– High effectiveness: capsules come in different concentrations and depending on how strong they are (eg 25 g, 50 mg or 100 mg) the effects can last for hours.
-You can't split a capsule. So, before buying capsules, work out what your daily dosage should be and then look for the best fit.
– Low bioavailability: as capsules are ingested orally, they have to go through the digestive system before they can be utilized by the body. The bioavailability of CBD oil in capsules have been reported at around 6-15%.
– The onset time: Softgel capsules usually take about 40 minutes to kick in and those with a slow metabolism, it may take even longer. So, if you need immediate relief, you may not want to have to wait for an hour.
CBD oil tincture is the oldest way of extracting and consuming the cannabinoids from the cannabis plants. It is a highly potent herbal extract, made by infusing parts of the hemp plant in a liquid medium, traditionally in a solvent mixture of alcohol and water.
– Some people find it more palatable and easier to consume than the oil.
– Effects will be noticeable sooner.
– This method increases bioavailability and intensifies the herb’s effects so that the compounds extracted are more quickly absorbed by the body. The effect will be even faster if you take the tincture by putting a few drops beneath your tongue. Absorption begins once the tincture hits the mucosa of the mouth.
– Compared to other CBD oil products, CBD oil tincture usually contains a high concentration of CBD, although this varies from product to product.
– Some people don't like the natural flavor of CBD tinctures.
– Ethanol based tinctures are not safe for pets. However there are ways to evaporate the alcohol content.
– Commercial based ethanol solvents can be toxic so you must always source organic CBD tinctures from reputable companies.
CBD Oil Gummies
CBD gummies are chewy sweets infused with CBD oil.
They are attractive and come in many different colors, flavors and shapes.
– Taste: usually very tasty and therefore easy to consume.
– Convenient: This means they can be slipped into a bag or pocket and easily consumed on the go if necessary.
– Less mess and easier to consume than CBD oil or tincture.
– Low dosage: CBD oil gummies usually have a lower dosage of CBD and some are THC-free.
– Flavor: They can have synergistic ingredients added and come in many different flavors such as fruit, berries, turmeric, spirulina etc…
– Dosage: Gummies can contain a range of CBD concentrations. This means you can easily manage your own dosage.
– Takes longer to feel the effects because CBD gummies have to be eaten and digested first, so they may take longer to “work” than CBD oil or tincture. How long it will take for effects to be felt will depend partly on your metabolism but also on how much food you already have in your stomach.
– It's easy to forget these are not ordinary gummies and you may eat too many of them. Some products have a high sugar content and artificial ingredients.
Vaping CBD Oil
Vaping is the act of inhaling and exhaling. A vaping device consists of a mouthpiece, a battery, and a cartridge for containing the liquid to be inhaled.
Although CBD oil is usually taken orally, some people prefer this way to take CBD oil because it's the quickest way to experience its effects.
– Fast absorption: Ingesting CBD oil limits the amount of “bioavailable” cannabidiol in your system because it has to go through the digestive system first which destroys some of the nutrients. On the other hand, CBD vaping helps CBD be absorbed into the body through your bloodstream, rather than your digestive system. Vaping is good for treating chronic pain or reducing the frequency and severity of seizures. CBD vape is also good for fast nausea and migraine relief.
– Convenience: vaping device is small enough to fit into your pocket. It's discreet as it doesn't give off a strong smell.
– Health risk: if you have any underlying health condition, particularly a lung condition, you should avoid using CBD vapes.
– Addiction: many people with addictive personalities may easily become addicted to CBD vapes.
We hope that our summary of the most common ways to take CBD will help you to take the next step towards experiencing all the amazing beneficial effects of CBD.
Don't forget that you need to ensure you are buying a high quality and organic CBD product, so that you can experience the full-spectrum of therapeutic benefits on offer.
Ultimately, the best way to take CBD oil will depend on your lifestyle, taste preferences and whether you want a quick result or a long-lasting effect. For the best results, always buy organic and full spectrum CBD oil products.
To learn why organic and full-spectrum CBD oil is superior – read our article HERE: https://www.organiccbdoilreview.com/what-is-the-best-quality-cbd-oil/
As always, if you have any further questions on how to take CBD, just leave us a comment below…
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Organic CBD Oil Review or its staff. Always check with your physician before starting a new dietary supplement program.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Organic CBD Oil Review may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full Terms and Conditions.